NJ Assembly Bill 4576 proposes annual forced flu vaccination for all NJ students to reduce the number of children who experience severe flu and COVID symptoms and help reduce competition for medical resources such as ER and ICU visits.
Please click these links below to email
Senate President Sweeney
Assembly Speaker Coughlin
Bill Sponsor Conaway
Bill Sponsor Zwikcer
telling them that forced flu vaccination will not accomplish the bill’s stated goals. There is significant evidence showing that mandating annual flu shots will make matters worse because flu vaccination:
- increases the risk of catching pre-COVID-19 corona viruses,
- increases the chance children will get other respiratory illnesses,
- increases hospitalization of children,
- caused enhanced H1N1 illness,
- hampers cross reactivity of t-cells (crucial to fighting COVID-19).
You can find a review the the relevant literature here on our most recent blog post:
FLU SHOT MANDATE: WILL IT HELP DURING COVID-19?